The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Speed booster for NEX

scho

Still raining and still testing the SpeedBooster. Here is a comparison using the Contax C/Y 50mm f/1.7, with and without SB on the NEX 6.

Straight C/Y to NEX adapter, f/1.7 1/10 sec ISO 100.

Metabones SB adapter, f/1.7 1/15 sec ISO 100

Straight C/Y to NEX adapter, f/4 1/30 sec ISO 100

Metabones SB adapter f/4 1/60 sec ISO 100

f/otographer

A few more shots from the little Tamron 159a. I am not normally a zoom shooter much preferring to use high quality primes, but shooting this over the last few days has been fun. And has made me seriously consider the purchase of one of the nicer Tamron Adaptall zooms to use on the SB. Like maybe the 17a or 01a.

Anyway, the 159a is a redo of the 59a which is a redo of the 44a. Overall it is a tiny little thing that mates very well size wise with the NEX body. I doubt seriously if there is a smaller 28-70mm zoom lens anywhere in the world. It is the exact same size as my Yaschica ML Macro 55/4. The one stop gain in speed from the SB really brings this lens into the major playing field while giving a very useful zoom range. Its not the sharpest wide open, but a stop or two down and its very usable. Its built in macro function at 70mm is pretty darn useful to boot. Overall not to shabby. Cheap and plasticky to be sure but with some decent glass.

They can be had for literately peanuts.

memories of flight

problems are prickly

here be dragons

sunset ascension

my favorite time of the day

scho

Two shots taken on a dark, overcast day along the waterfront trail using the Contax C/Y 28mm f/2.8 Distagon + SB on a NEX 6.

Old Willow Grove

Children's Garden

f/otographer

A few more from the Tamron 159a, the little lens that could. My daughter and I went to the park today as part of our fathers day activities. As you can tell, I wasnt terribly concerned with proper exposure. We were really there to have fun, not focus on photography. I just wanted to run the Tamron through a 'shoot what comes as it comes without thinking to much' scenario. Again, not the sharpest lens, but usable. So here is A Study in Swinging in Three Parts, No's 1, 2 and 3. Also, my little girl looking like a gangsta. I dont know what is up with the tongue thing. :)

f/otographer

Michiel, that Rubiner has a very interesting personality. And the Helios is just lovely as always. Nice tones, color and bokeh in that next to last shot.

f/otographer

So I drive out to a local macro spot of mine, mainly just several wooded acres nearby, with the intention of running the little Yashica ML Macro 55/4 through its paces with whatever insects I can find. But right as I park I find two much more interesting subjects parking as well with similar intentions in mind. Except they are not there to photograph bugs. We talk photography and cameras for a while and they let me tag along to shoot with them. Turned out to be a pleasant day after all.

Except for the fact that the only lens I had on me was the little Tessar ML Macro. Oh well, I made do. :)

innocence lost

who says angels dont walk the earth

shooting the shooter

a hat, a knife, some dip....what else does a country girl need

untitled

offering

You want me to take off my what? Ohhhh....my hat

f/otographer

Thanks guys, glad you liked the pics.

And Vivek, its not just brass knuckles. It a knife with brass knuckles for a grip. She is dangerous little girl. And by little girl I mean Amazon Princess. :)

f/otographer

Well, the 17a arrived. And I have to send it back. Somewhere in its life I think it took a hit or a fall. The front zoom part is not quite on straight. It is ever so slightly tilted, so that when you bring it all the way in it doesnt sit quite flush with the base. Barely noticeable, but its there. I shot a little with it in my home this weekend just to check its optical quality overall without being critical about its flaw. What I see makes me want to replace it with another one. I especially like its close focus ability and small size. Luckily I have a 30 day return policy so I will be using it and looking for another. Or possible the 01a, another great Adaptall Zoom, and an SP to boot.

All pics on the NEX 7 with C/Y speedbooster.

my dark star to guide me

come on Plex, lets go play...

sweet

V

Vivek

Power walk!

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
NEX-6, Speed Booster, Olympus OM 85/2

(It was from a few hours ago, did not know that even Cobain T-shirts survive to date! :eek:)

f/otographer

Well the speedbooster post has slowed down some. I must admit to being a bit remiss posting lately so lets see if I can make up for it with some recent shots. We had a really bad heatwave out this way recently and it pretty much kept everyone indoors, myself included.

Shot with the Yashica ML Macro 55/4

the wet of the underweb

it dwells in the blinds

ladybug on hewn blue

where dreams swing

park day

the cages we build for ourselves

And the following were taken on the tiny little Yashica ML 50/1.9. A lens that can exhibit swirly bokeh.

riding thru a fairy tale

dancing to appease the great udder

my beautiful one

wheeeeeee!

who was here?

big yawn at the end of the day

in my dreams i am creatures

snail mail

f/otographer

Keeping the thread alive...

Yashica ML Macro 55/4

busy bee, for lack of a more imaginative title