The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Speed booster for NEX

f/otographer

Thanks Taylor. It was a test shot I did to gauge the light and the shutter speed was way to low. Thus the Mantis is less then sharp. But right after I snapped this he jumped off the fence into the dark bushes. So this was the only shot I had of him. With a little post processing I was able to get at least a somewhat interesting shot out of it.

Glad you liked it. :)

Taylor Sherman

Yep, a really great job making something very cool out of a shot that wasn't necessarily what you wanted.

Here are some with the Macro-Elmarit 60/2.8 on the SB.

Slingers

I haven't been here for a while and thought I would add a shot from my favourite lens with the speedbooster.

alain_i

Hello everybody.
I want to buy an speed booster (the lens turbo without electronics) but having various mount i'm thinking to take the canon ef speed booster and to buy many thins adapters to mount olumpus om, leica r, contax yashica and m42 lenses.

did ou think it's a good choose or i will have infinity focus problem and should adjust the lens of speed booster for each mount ?

thanks a lot

Slingers

Hello everybody.
I want to buy an speed booster (the lens turbo without electronics) but having various mount i'm thinking to take the canon ef speed booster and to buy many thins adapters to mount olumpus om, leica r, contax yashica and m42 lenses.

did ou think it's a good choose or i will have infinity focus problem and should adjust the lens of speed booster for each mount ?

thanks a lot
I have an EF speedbooster from metabones and I have no no infinity focus problems with the contax and nikon lenses I have used with an adapter. Look at Vivek's posts in this thread as has covered a wide range of lenses like you have mentioned.

alain_i

I have an EF speedbooster from metabones and I have no no infinity focus problems with the contax and nikon lenses I have used with an adapter. Look at Vivek's posts in this thread as has covered a wide range of lenses like you have mentioned.
Ok :) Thanks for the answer, i read many pages but i was understood that some peoples have to adjust the speed booster lens by turning it.

V

Vivek

From a few months ago. Old AF Nikkor 200/3.5 (from F3AF)

NEX-6, Speed Booster, AF Nikkor 200/3.5, ISO100

V

Vivek

Amazon cancelled the 14mm order claiming it was a mistake! According German laws (if they are registered in Germany!) this can not happen since they listed multiple items with different price tags with a deliberate advertisement. Amazon could be in for a surprise!

f/otographer

Hi everyone. Its been a while, lots going on. Thought I would post up some more shots from the speedbooster since for the most part it just stays on my camera.

I know a lot of the recent hype has been around the new A7's from Sony. They are amazing cameras and highly anticipated by many people, myself included. But I find my desire for them much less then I thought it would be. True, they are not currently in my budget, but I simply dont have the great longing for them I would have a year ago at this time. I find my trusty old NEX 7 with the speedbooster to be an effective tool for making photographs. The combo just works. And the extra gain in speed is something I have become quite accustomed to.

So here are some photographs. The first was shot with a Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35/2.8 zebra and showcases the lens that took the rest of the photos shown here. This little Yashica ML 55/4 is just a cracker of a lens. I really do love the images it can produce.

my favorite lens

dusk

the devils Cadillac

slant

the crossing

a passage through this place

f/otographer

And here are a few from my other favorite lens, the Yashica ML 50/1.7.

daycare hayride

daycare hayride II

daycare hayride III

daycare hayride IV

watching TV

sassy

Ash

torn

a self portrait