The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Speed booster for NEX

f/otographer

Excellent and interesting composition on that last one mazor. I like it.

Here are a few more from the outing with my daughter from a week or so ago. All on the 7/speedbooster/ML 28 combo.

run little one, for something wicked this way comes

The Great Birdzonga and his balancing cracker act!

chloe explores

mazor

here is more kit pics showing the nikkor 50mm f1.4 MF transformed into a 35.5mm f1.0, this is noctolux category for light gathering!

Captured with a mobile phone Nokia 808

mazor

as ken_vs_ryu said, and remember you will lose any kind of infinite focus by using this type of macro adapter.

Basically using this adapter is the same as trying to mount M glass onto a DSLR. The same limitation applies, except when used on a Speed booster adapter, you will get 1 stop extra light advantage.

toxotis70

so the solution is...

the leica m macro adapter for nikon and the nikon version of speed booster , so i can mount my noktons (m mount) in sony nex ?

what is the disadvantage here ?

pegelli

The disadvantage is you can only do macro (closeup) shots.
You won't even get close to infinity focus.

mazor

Captured with my NEX 5r and Speed booster and Canon 50mm f1.2L attached

In was so dark inside. I believe no camera with kit lens would have been able to capture this with such clarity without external illumination.

f0.9 rocks!!! Speedbooster is the best invention for APS-C Sony cameras!!

pegelli

Recently I acquired a Metabones speedbooster for my Olympus OM lenses.

Today I took it for a spin with my Zuiko 24/2.8 and can say I'm very happy with the performance. I tested some of the same scenes vs. my Minolta MC 17/4 and both center as well as corner sharpness is better. Even comparing wide open it still shows better center sharpness and contrast, so that's comparing f2.0 with the speedbooster to f4.0 of the Minolta lens. So I'm a happy camper, and the MC 17 will probably see little use until I get a FF E-mount camera.

1: Water lilies and reflection

2: Yellow meadow

3: Fishing pond

All at f5.6 setting on the lens, which makes it f4.0 with the speed booster.

turbines

How many SB users have checked infinity focus at larger apertures? I have four Metabones boosters and all of them required a good deal of adjustment to get right.

pegelli

How many SB users have checked infinity focus at larger apertures? I have four Metabones boosters and all of them required a good deal of adjustment to get right.
Mine too, I needed about 3/4 of a turn to get it right. But after adjustment it's perfect