The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Speed booster for NEX

Knorp

Sounds almost too good to be true, but I'd like to read your review Vivek :D

Thanks for the heads up.
All the best.

V

Vivek

Once they realize what we have in the Speed Booster, they will understand that this is in fact revolutionary.

There are patents on it.

As the metabones announcement states, Fuji (APS-C) X mount also stands to benefit from it.

Most of all, the m4/3rds gets a big boost as the possibilities extend beyond what the APS-C sensors can reap.

One could use ultrawide zooms made for APS-C sensors on the m4/3rds!

V

Vivek

Sounds almost too good to be true, but I'd like to read your review Vivek :D

Thanks for the heads up.
All the best.
Hi Bart, Well, well, well. What about that 50/1.2 of yours in K mount? :D

V

Vivek

Hi K-H,

I have no idea who Metabones are (other than looking at web postings)! :eek:

I only know Dr. Brian Caldwell who is the creator of the optics and we exchange ideas (with me learning a lot most of the time). No other associations in whatsoever form or shape.

I have no clue about the availabilities of the Speed Booster in other mounts.

Sorry, I can not be of much help.

k-hawinkler

Hi K-H,

I have no idea who Metabones are (other than looking at web postings)! :eek:

I only know Dr. Brian Caldwell who is the creator of the optics and we exchange ideas (with me learning a lot most of the time). No other associations in whatsoever form or shape.

I have no clue about the availabilities of the Speed Booster in other mounts.

Sorry, I can not be of much help.

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your explanations. Much appreciated.
Without your first post I most likely wouldn't even know about this.
So I put an order in for Sony NEX System : Leica R Lens to Sony NEX Speed Booster
It will be interesting to see how my Leica APO-Telyt-R 280/4 gets not only transformed into a 420/4 with a regular adapter, but with the Speed Booster into a ~300/2.8, 298.2/2.8 to be more exact.
I think ~300/2.8 is close enough. :D

Thanks again, with best regards, K-H.

Last edited:

mbroomfield

K-H, I think your 280 R will get transformed into a ~180mm FOV equivalent on a NEX.
I've asked about how image quality from T/S lenses might be affected. If no issues then I also plan to order one.

k-hawinkler

K-H, I think your 280 R will get transformed into a ~180mm FOV equivalent on a NEX.
I've asked about how image quality from T/S lenses might be affected. If no issues then I also plan to order one.

Oh, could you please explain why?
I don't think so.

Shouldn't it be 280*0.71*1.5 mm = 298.2 mm

Thanks, K-H.

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

This is incredible. Finally no FOV change when using a crop sensor and you get a speed boost to boot! I'm going to wait a bit to see what happens when these get into peoples hands but this is a huge leap of useability for these tiny cameras for this 'fast normal' shooter.