The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Manaus - Amazon

Rawfa

Took a trip to Manaus / Amazon and took the NEX7 with me.
Here are a couple of stills (help me choose some):

I´ll post more as soon as I have them "developed"

V

Vivek

Lovely, Rafa. I think you should be able to "edit" your pictures as well.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Good Rafa-esque pics.

Prefer 1,3,5,7.

2 and 4 are too close for my liking and 7 is more 'interactive' than 6.
but like Vivek I think if you are old enough to 'develop' your snaps you are old enough to edit them;).

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

p.s. What a great location.

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
but like Vivek I think if you are old enough to 'develop' your snaps you are old enough to edit them;).

Cheers,

Gandolfi.
Realistically it is nice to have input that affirms our instincts...from those we value and trust.

Wonderful, exotic and so profoundly Brasileirao.....well done.

Bob

V

Vivek

I think Rafa is much better than getting stuck with a mutual appreciation society.

Rawfa

Thansk for the kind words, guys.
These were chosen from many other, but it´s nice to to take advantage from the forum´s experience and understand different points of wiew of why one is better than the other (when people care to elaborate)...I also have to confess that sometimes I´m just lazy and really want to share the pictures fast hahaha....but don´t worry, I won´t post 10 similar pictures for you guys to choose from :)

Rawfa

8 - This was a very stunning thing to witness. You could actually see a mass of tropical storm drop down in a very specific place...like in the cartoons.

9 - With or without the boat?

10 - This river is called Rio Negro (the Dark River). You cannot see ANYTHING bellow the surface.

11 - One of my dreams came true. I dove with a wild amazon river dolphin (btw, I´m not the guy feeding it...I´m the silly chump looking in awe)

Rawfa

What a lovely location!

#28, you should print it big, very big! :)
Thanks, my friend.
I´m particularly fond of this photograph. While I was taking it I was thinking "This could be a poster for a movie...or an ad at the very least" :)

V

Vivek

That is exactly what I was alluding to earlier, Rafa! You would know that you have a picture even before you have actually tripped the camera trigger! The major part of the editing is already done! Some later trimmings may come because of technical reasons...

Rawfa

...and so you decided to take your and time post on this thread to support Viveks´post... :)
Watch out, Vivek...stalker alert!

Last edited: