The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

rayyan

Philippe: Although getting the point, Rayyan as well as I myself, beeing most probably even older, we all have to deal with and particularly have to work up a wide range of beautiful and also even cruel memories, everyone in his/her own way. And photography may be a proven remedy along these lines for quite a few of us.
Well said Hermann.

May I add, that such memories, some pleasant and some cruel, should remind all of us of our collective history/histories.

Not being reminded of our follies, we might, just might, do so again. This applies to the entire human race; not one region or people in particular. And throughout history.

Kindest regards.

rayyan

Back to some photography with the RX 100!

Through 6 countries it flows. Joined by tributaries throughout its journey to a place well known in history..the Mekong Delta.

This is a small tributary. The trees are under water during the rainy season. All one sees is water. Plunging down more than a 1000 mts., it joins the Mekong on its journey towards the sea.

rayyan

And this is where I shacked up for a couple of days!! Mountains, the river, good company and superb boating, rafting and swimming.
I don't raft!! I row.

Plus the food...to order!

p.s. there was a/c in them huts!

rayyan

In ages past..when I was young ( :eek: ), I would go to see movies and would invariably see either of ' color by Technicolor ' or ' Eastman color '.

I sometimes miss that age..

Here is one with a Technicolor rendition by Alienskin...

rayyan

Nice one, rayyan! Was this image also done with the Alienskin Technicolor rendition? :thumbup:
Hi there.

This was just a bleach bypass on the snapseed ( free sw !! ) and the iPad.

Thanks for looking in. Much appreciated.

rayyan

The Kinnaly Photographs Gallery in Luang, Laos consists of photographs by a French couple Marie and Andre Springer. It also displays works by Lao photographers.

The hotel I was staying in had a sub-section of the Kinnaly gallery on display.

Here is a photograph of the original work by the Springers, with a bit of PP by me.

The gallery contains exceptional work by the Springers and the Lao photographers.