The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What is the next NEX?

algrove

So many opinions on which current camera is the best for use with wide and telephoto Leica M lenses. So will the next NEX be better? Any solid rumors?

Of the current choices which is best for mu uses?

NEX-7
NEX-5n
NEX-5

Probably missed one.

Also which is the best NEX to M adapter? Novoflex?

I am new to Sony, but after buying the RX-1 they have got my attention. Since the new M has no option to move magnification around the frame to check difference focus points I am exploring other options.

V

Vivek

Lou,

Wait for a FW update of the M. If you really can not, consider the rumored 7n, if you can not wait another month or so, consider the 6.

etrigan63

Novoflex adapters are excellent, but pricey. Fotodiox Pro adapters are more reasonably priced and are guaranteed to infinity focus.

J

JohnW

I use the Nex 7, which is definitely NOT considered the best for Leica wides. Everything I've read says the 5 handles Leica wides better.

You might check Huff's and Reichman's sites, who have both written about this.

John

John