The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RX1 Lens hood opinions

JPizzzle

Hi all,
I want to get either a lens hood or b&w slim line mrc filter for the rx1. This is purely for protection purposes, since the rx1 seems to handle flare fairly well. Do people feel that the hood adds too much bulk to the camera?

Thanks in advance for the opinions.

JP

Shashin

My RX-1 "lens hood" is a 49mm to 37mm step down ring. It is perfect as a lens hood and protection and has a very low profile. It also costs $5. BTW, I am using a filter too.

Last edited:

JPizzzle

I ended up ordering just alens hood-I don't think im going to get a filter for now. Thanks Shashin for your input :)

processedmeat

My RX-1 "lens hood" is a 49mm to 37mm step down ring. It is perfect as a lens hood and protection and has a very low profile. It also costs $5. BTW, I am using a filter too.
Can I assume that there the 37mm opening doesn't vignette? Just making sure.

I've never had so much GAS regarding a camera...I know I'm gonna give in really soon.

Irenaeus

Dumb question, perhaps, Shashin, but there it is ~ do you use a 49mm filter or a 37mm one, and is it a regular filter or a slim one?

Thanks,

Irenaeus
aka newrx1dueheremidweekowner