The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A900 lovers? A few BNIB bodies available at Houston Sony Store

Rand47

This is a heads up for anyone like me who may wish you'd bought a second A900 body before they were discontinued.

On another web site I was clued in to the fact that the Houston Galleria Sony Store had nine A900 bodies, brand new in the box (not refurb, not demos). I just bought one "through" my local Sony store for $1499.97 w/ factory warranty.

I'm heavily invested in Zeiss & Sony G glass and was frankly discouraged trying to like the a99.

Thought this might be of interest to those who like me appreciate the pure image making machine the A900 is & who might like to grab a new one before they're "really" all gone.

Rand

Malina DZ

Wow. Last time I saw a900 at Sony store it was $1999. Any chance to buy from them online for that price? I'm not a fan of a99 and would hate to be forced to get one if a850 let me down.

Rand47

Call your local Sony Store, they can make the transaction. That's what I did - I'm in CA.

MikalWGrass

Could be a bit cheaper, considering..... Also, any thoughts about me getting another body were quickly dashed by my wife when she ordered new living room furniture.

Rand47

Picked up my new a900 this morning. Updated firmware, got it configured the way I prefer. Brand-spanking-new (as they say) - first shot on card 001. Pristine from the box.
Happy Camper.