The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

nex 5r lcd hood

tray271

hi all ..ive searched all over the net and cant get an answer ...i use the 5r a fair bit in the sun and am looking for a hood to stop the sun ,i ordered a few but none seem to fit the 5r because the screen hinges are slightly different...does anyone know there is one available as i really need one as i dont have the oled view finder ..

tray271

thx for the reply,,do you know of any that clip on like a sun shade as i want to tilt the screen up and if that is screwd on i wont be able to do that i dont think

tray271

thx for the link ive tried a load of those and none fit the 5r ..they fit the 5 and the 5n but the r has a different edge on the plastic so they wont fit....i could maybe get a screen cover then apply the adapter you have shown me ..just dont really want glue all over the camera if you know what i mean