The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sony CLM-V55 field monitor

tray271

hi all im thinking of using one of these and cant seem to find the answer to a question i have ...how good is it with mf ..i do landscape tripod and find the small nex screen bad in direct sunlight ...with this being bigger i thought it may help...

question nex 5r or nex 7

does it disable the in camera focus peaking ...anyone who has got one could you please help

cmosse

hi all im thinking of using one of these and cant seem to find the answer to a question i have ...how good is it with mf ..i do landscape tripod and find the small nex screen bad in direct sunlight ...with this being bigger i thought it may help...

question nex 5r or nex 7

does it disable the in camera focus peaking ...anyone who has got one could you please help
when connecting the SLT/NEX camera to an external monitor via HDMI cable the overlayed peaking signal is disabled as it is derived from the video signal feeding the LCD/EVF of the camera. Therefore the peaking is not available on a standard HD TV.
the CLM-V55 however has its own peaking function so it is available via the menu of this field monitor. However, as the peaking signal is again derived from the video signal which is fed ito it, the peaking will also "outline" all the menu icons on the live view image.