The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma 60/2.8 sample photo.

jsnack

Here's a shot taken with my NEX 7 and the new Sigma 60/2.8 lens. This is from a raw file. No sharpening has been applied. All I did was hit the "auto" correction in Lightroom.

I'll have more in a few days.

biglouis

jsnack: amazing photograph - jumps out a you off the page and perfectly timed. It has what I believe they call the 'FM factor' in the music business. At least that was the first thought that went through my mind when I opened it up.

LouisB

fotografz

I see a Leica glow?:grin:
... but not the Leica Micro Contrast which, to me, is apparent in the digital rendering of the skin. Or maybe it's just the sensor ... but I doubt it.

Very nice shot with excellent separation of the subject from the background ... which Siggy seems to provide with their optics quite often.

- Marc

V

Vivek

... but not the Leica Micro Contrast which, to me, is apparent in the digital rendering of the skin.
- Marc
It is not (apparent) to me. It is a myth. Since the photo isn't tagged as being shot with a Leica (on a Leica cam) it must be obviously lacking in "micro contrast" (I love that term, though a bit outdated now that there is 50mm APO Asph from Leica that has "Nano Contrast" :ROTFL:)

fotografz

Myth to you, reality to others.

Lots of optics besides those from Leica exhibit micro-contrast.

To each their own,.

- Marc

jsnack

Not to jump into the Leica "micro contrast" fray, but I see plenty of micro contrast in the skin tone. The differentiation in tonal values is what pops out at me with this lens.

Possibly a Leica shows more...I prefer the contrast of a Contax lens myself...but this is a $239.00 lens.

V

Vivek

I can buy 4 plastic Leica flash hotshoe covers for that money. Well, I will fall short by 1$ for that purchase. :)

jsnack

Here's another shot. This one is cropped because these girls were about 30 yards away from me...so this it at infinity @ f2.8.