The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FF NEX and F E lenses

k-hawinkler

Where can I buy one for my Leica R lenses? :D
I already got the OM-D E-M1. :)
It has a superb user interface for my hands!

V

Vivek

Hopefully, in a store near you and me (or online somewhere). :D

I held off buying a Canon 6D (because it is cheap and almost the same price as the OMD) specifically because of this. ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Hopefully, in a store near you and me (or online somewhere). :D

I held off buying a Canon 6D (because it is cheap and almost the same price as the OMD) specifically because of this. ;)
Exactly! The 6D was on my mind for a while too but the Sony A7(R) will be my next body besides my own body :p
I'll think it will look more like a RX1 with a grip and EVF hump on it.

jfirneno

If the latest rumors are to be believed, a digital Nikon FM2 or a digital Olympus OM1 is going to be delivered by Sony! A lot of NEX folks may be disappointed.

I think it is great news (shape/form factor) though! :)
Vivek:

I saw the Olympus picture. And then the next article had a photo-shopped merge of a NEX7and RX1 with an EVF thrown in for good measure! Of course if I were just a patient man none of this would bother me. I could just wait until the 16th (or whenever it gets announced) and see what exactly is being offered. But I'm not patient. I'm the typical gear fanatic. So going to SAR is like entering some kind of carnival funhouse. Between the confusing headlines and the hysterical ranting of the commenters it's almost as if you know less when you leave than you did when you entered. Very odd.

But that doesn't mean I'm not highly excited by the prospect of a really great camera being finally available from Sony.

Regards,
John

Michiel Schierbeek

I was wondering if the Sony LA-EA1 NEX Mount Adapter (A to E mount) will work as well on the FF NEX?
I would think so. Any reasons why it wouldn't?

V

Vivek

Vivek:

I saw the Olympus picture. And then the next article had a photo-shopped merge of a NEX7and RX1 with an EVF thrown in for good measure! Of course if I were just a patient man none of this would bother me. I could just wait until the 16th (or whenever it gets announced) and see what exactly is being offered. But I'm not patient. I'm the typical gear fanatic. So going to SAR is like entering some kind of carnival funhouse. Between the confusing headlines and the hysterical ranting of the commenters it's almost as if you know less when you leave than you did when you entered. Very odd.

But that doesn't mean I'm not highly excited by the prospect of a really great camera being finally available from Sony.

Regards,
John
Hi John,

That has become the norm. I am not easily perturbed nowadays. :)

I think it will turn out OK. :cool:

V

Vivek

I was wondering if the Sony LA-EA1 NEX Mount Adapter (A to E mount) will work as well on the FF NEX?
I would think so. Any reasons why it wouldn't?
Michiel, I would wait to see if there are any new adapters. I am not sure if the Kenko extension tubes I have will work properly without any (physical obstruction induced) vignetting, for example.

vdeakin

David Kilpatrick was one of the first to suggest an RX1 relation to the new Nex FF, and he's mentioned, among other things, the following:
"The body is exactly the same size and the mount is thought to be a modified E-mount with additional contacts to enable the silent leaf-shutter and iris action which is the hallmark of the RX1 as a ‘stealth’ shooter. It’s possible that the RX1-N (not necessarily its name) lenses will fit other E-mount bodies, but existing E-mount lenses won’t fit the new mini-Leica-style body. But it may also contain a focal plane shutter..."
So, if this is true, then there is a likelihood that the LA-EA1 A to E adapter would not function either.

Rand47

Sony's thrashing about... A mount, E mount, both full frame. E, F-E, eEVF, no EVF...

I'll be quite surprised if they release anything that can effectively use my A mount glass, that has a form factor worth considering.

Frustrated... The a900 concept held such promise.

Rand

Rawfa

Latest rumors:

1) AF is faster than the RX series but still not as fast as the best in the mirrorless world
2) A7 and A7r have focus peaking
3) eye tracking AF
4) they are about same size as the Olympus OMD series
5) There is an optional vertical grip
6) They have Wifi and NFC
7) no Tri Navi, They had scroll wheels in front and back (which were very much like nex-7′s) and an exposure comp wheel from RX1.
8) One source the body quality is very good and the camera had a Pentax LX feeling.
9) 1/8000 shutter speed
10) both have tiltatble screen

I'm assuming regular Sony compatible FF lenses should work with this camera but with Sony you never know. It will be a real pain if that is not the case.

V

Vivek

Oddly, Sony (usually, that has been the case with the NEX') offer a cash back deal here at launch. So, it will be worth looking into.

My concerns are about the EU prices and the sensor performance with adapted lenses.

V

Vivek

Well, the US prices appear to be what was rumored (~$1700 and $2300) for the 24/36MP cams! Starting to look more and more interesting!

Michiel Schierbeek

And new sensors designed for the short flange distance.
Could be the other way around this time: Leica mount lenses work better as all the other wides in all other mounts.

Let's hope that the value of € 2300 aren't the same as $ 2300 because they are not.

V

Vivek

Correct but I really do not mind paying 2200 Euro (incl VAT/BTW). We all know how much the RX1 costs here!

That means you are set on that 7r, Michiel? :)

Michiel Schierbeek

It is fast, not to expensive and I like straight lines and architecture. But of course we don't know how that voigtländer will work on the A7r.
If the sensor is optimised for short flange it probably will be fine. W'll see.

Rawfa

I keep reading that the only legacy AF lens that will work initially is the kit zoom lens :mad:
I was really hoping I could use a Sigma 35mm 1.4, a Sony 100mm 2.8 macro and so on. I'm REALLY eager for next Wednesday!