The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nex7/A7R & canon 17tse

karlfoto

Hi Forum

Firstly, has anyone used the speed booster and 17tse on their nex7?

Secondly and also as no one would have been able to try this. Do you think that the 17tse with a metabones iii would work with movements?

Thanx for your input

mbroomfield

I emailed Metabones asking if they could produce a ray diagram to tell if the 17/24 TSE's would have issues with their mk3 adapter on the A7/r and they would only say the lenses have not been tested (no surprise).

I wondered if Brian Caldwell might have some insight as he must be pretty familiar with the e-mount and thought he might be familiar with the Smart Adapter (even though his SB is very different). In any case this was his answer which I posted over on Lula. Not ruled out but not very encouraging.

Sony A7R adapter for Canon EF-mount?

"It seems to me that the E-mount is a really poor choice for a full-frame mirrorless due to the extremely small throat diameter. Whether this has a visible vignetting impact on lenses with large exit pupil distances and shift lenses remains to be seen. I think you might see some abrupt corner falloff with the 17/24 shifted to their maximum values, especially if you shift along the short side of the frame. I don't think the Metabones glassless adapter would have any impact on this - its just inherent in the geometry of the E-mount.

However, we won't know for sure until somebody does an actual test."

karlfoto

Thanks guys for your comments. I have been away with no coverage so was not able to check this thread. I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Hausen

I am happy to read this thread. I am hoping that my Leica PC 28R will be my main user on the A7r.