The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Not impressed by the A7/A7r

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just not have seen a image with a full range of DR yet. Looks as detailed though as my D800E but this really needs a side by side comparison. My hope from the Sony besides everything else is the color maybe better than my Nikons.

Godfrey

mmbma

Someone has to bat for Samsung! :)
I tried to! until I went to the Galaxy NX page.... its proudest feature is.....drums.... seamless 3G/4G connectivity.

Imagine the small camera development team inside the bowels of Samsung, getting orders from bigger divisions telling them this piece of hardware MUST be compatible with the Notes and the Tabs and the Watch. Must use Samsung chips and memory, and MUST be done by X day under Y budget.

mmbma

Kirk Tuck wasn't too impressed either at Photo Expo in NY either:

The Visual Science Lab.: Sony swings for the fences and ends up a little short. The hands on mini-evaluation of the new A7's.

I remain neutral about the Sonys. I'm not interested in one now as I am satisfied with the equipment I have already, particularly since I purchased the new Olympus last month. I've reached my limits, now I just want to put what I have to use more than I've had time to do.

G
It certainly will appeal to a certain user group (a very large one). For example the A7s will probably be right down Steve Huff's alley and be highly regarded. Or as a back up to existing Leica and legacy glasses users who want 36mp. But other than a few leica lenses, most legacy lenses will probably be outresolved by this sensor

algrove

Is that is a suggestive post on the enduring values of Leica gear? :)

What is more important- photography today or hoarding and having a chuckle in private about monetary values? ;)
No, just thought some might want to know NEX7 pricing period. Don't read more into a price than the price.

algrove

It certainly will appeal to a certain user group (a very large one). For example the A7s will probably be right down Steve Huff's alley and be highly regarded. Or as a back up to existing Leica and legacy glasses users who want 36mp. But other than a few leica lenses, most legacy lenses will probably be outresolved by this sensor
Which M or R lenses do you image will NOT be out resolved by the 36MP sensor?

V

Vivek

If someone is not impressed with the new Sonys maybe another Sony model might be interesting. Calm down this is just a forum.
And just what gives you the right to say things like that to me? :(

5+ 80/1.4 Summiluxes? :ROTFL:

thrice

The A7 smears detail very noticeably with anything M wider than (and including) the 28 cron. Might be different with more retrofocus designs like the 24 lux.

V

Vivek

50mm APO
90mm APO
and maybe the 35mm Cron

I think those can handle the sensor. Can the sensor handle them?
Did you forget the 135/3.4 APO telyt?

One went fot €1650 recently. I thought I would better go with the Zeiss Apo Sonnar 135/2 for a bit more and did not buy it.