The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

basic questions regarding the a7r

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I tried the on-line chat with no success on the Sony site, why someone would put a person with no camera knowledge on a camera question hotline is beyond me...so I'll ask you guys. I still have my A900 kit with two Zeiss and one G lens. Please forgive me if I ask antiquated questions but I've been very happy to date with my A900 and haven't seen a reason to upgrade.
1. I assume from what I read that I will need an adapter to use my lenses. Will the auto focus work ok?
2. will it tether to my mac?
3. live view I assume?
4. will my batteries and charger from my A900 work with it?
thanks in advance

V

Vivek

I tried the on-line chat with no success on the Sony site, why someone would put a person with no camera knowledge on a camera question hotline is beyond me...so I'll ask you guys. I still have my A900 kit with two Zeiss and one G lens. Please forgive me if I ask antiquated questions but I've been very happy to date with my A900 and haven't seen a reason to upgrade.
1. I assume from what I read that I will need an adapter to use my lenses. Will the auto focus work ok?
3. live view I assume?
thanks in advance
I will take a crack at it though no one has a camera yet.

LA-EA4. Apparently, the AF will be faster!

No idea.

3. live view I assume?
All the way!

No. You do not get a charger with the A7R. Sony NEX batteries are the ones used and the chargers for it. You will have to purchase a charger (presumed to be better than the previous ones) for it. You can charge the battery in the camera with the supplied accessory but it will be an overnight charging process!

hot

A7/A7r use same battery like NEX5/NEX7 ... NP-FW50

Charger $3.26 incl.ship.