The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rhinocam appears to work with A7

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
At a glance, in horizontal mode it seems to work, not so in vertical for now, which could be a doodle to change.

photo 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The possibility to use MF lenses on the A7R is very intruiguing to me. If Fotodiox is willing to make a few changes this could turn into a 6x7.

Hell, they just have to make this work!

V

Vivek

This basically questions the claims of the medium format digital manufacturers that a nano precision is required for all the mechanical bits involved. Also, this IS the real tech cam, being able to see everything in live view. Some big changes are ahead.

I consider this as the biggest advantage of the E mount cams and not the use of Leica lenses which may/ (or most often) may not work.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Hi Vivek,

the moment I heard about this, thanks to Dierk's report, it was my very first reaction, that this sensor with MF such as the pristine Distagon 4/40 is my personal dream come true.

From an engineering perspective, the changes required to make the A7R work fully on the RC appear to be a no brainer, however, I have an email from Bryan, November 12th, saying that as of now, they had no plans for the A7R, but I imagine this could change, I certainly would hope so.

Ron Pfister

It seems like all that would be needed are different registration stops and a bit more space between the ground glass housing and the camera mount, right?

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Bryan / Fotodiox does not have an A7 available yet, but he keeps me in the loop. I am reasonably hopeful they will make this happen. :D

Oh this would be wonderful and a reason for me to get the Cam and the A7r.
Please keep us up to date if it's going to work out!:)

Uaiomex

Time lapses are the problem with stitched landscape photos. I imagine the A7r should be better because it uses less movements to fill the 645 frame. Less lapses means less movements in the clouds for an example.
I they don't make one for the A7r, someone else will.
Eduardo

Hi Vivek,

the moment I heard about this, thanks to Dierk's report, it was my very first reaction, that this sensor with MF such as the pristine Distagon 4/40 is my personal dream come true.

From an engineering perspective, the changes required to make the A7R work fully on the RC appear to be a no brainer, however, I have an email from Bryan, November 12th, saying that as of now, they had no plans for the A7R, but I imagine this could change, I certainly would hope so.