The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Faulty RX1 Lens

rich_

Hi folks,

Long time no post.

Wanted to share my current experience.

I own an RX1. As of a few weeks back I noticed that the aperture ring had some play from front to back, maybe a couple of MM. The focus ring was also grittier than it used to be.

I took the camera to the Sony shop in Causeway Bay HK, It's still under warranty. After initially pointing at a dink on the bottom corner of the body I made it clear that I had not bashed the lens (I'm sure they could see if i had)

2 days later after a few calls to confirm what i thought was wrong, today and they have called to say they are replacing the barrel including aperture and focus rings under warranty and it should be ready tomorrow!

Its good when warranties actually work ;-)

Lets hope they come through as promised.

Best regards,
Rich

rich_

It's fixed.

This forum isn't terribly chatty but hopefully someone will find this one day when searching for faulty aperture rings etc.

</public service>
:)

Nettar

Glad to see it turned out well, rich_. And it's good to see another happy Hong Kong shooter!

I'm afraid that, with the A7R getting so much attention, you won't get a lot of response around here for a little while. It's a bit like walking into a bar when the football final is on TV, and asking what the crowd thinks about hockey. Nettar