The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My A7 story :D

fotoingo

Subscriber Member
Nice pics, but you SHOULD clean up the skin a tiny bit or do less sharpening.
For example on the BW picture before the last BW pic she looks really unfortunate.
Not so on the color one.

camping

fotoingo

You might be missing the point she is a yoga teacher.

Yoga teaches you to look in the inside not the outside.

Paul

Annna T

My cousin, who is a yoga teacher, asked me to make some portraits for her website. I've used a Pentax 28mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4 and a 85mm 2.0.

Due to her line of work I'm guessing she will go with color, but I thought I'd send her bw too.
You have got some good portraits of an energic woman. I prefer the ones where she wears the flowers on her head. For the intended use, I find the B&W versions way too contrasty, enhancing all her skin imperfections. She also got an unpleasant shiny face in the conversion.

For the framing, I prefer the ones where you kept a little bit of shoulders. I think that the first colored version us my favorite of the series. I'm sure she will be happy with the colored version..

V

Vivek

I am with Ingo. The man who popularized yoga to the west is still alive and even at age 94 looks pretty good.

fotoingo

Subscriber Member
fotoingo

You might be missing the point she is a yoga teacher.

Yoga teaches you to look in the inside not the outside.

Paul
So it is better to use an unfortunate picture instead of a good one ?
Just to show that the outside doesn´t matter?
;-)

For the intended use, I find the B&W versions way too contrasty, enhancing all her skin imperfections. She also got an unpleasant shiny face in the conversion.
Thats what I said / meant to say.

The pictures otherwise are fine :)

--

@Vivek
Thx.

Rawfa

She just called to thank me. She absolutely loved the photos. She will use the color ones for the yoga website and some bw ones for her bio website. :D

250swb

Once upon a time a Prince was an aspiring photographer, and he had a new Hasselblad, the best that money could buy. The Princess was coming to have her photograph taken and he set the modelling lights and flash and loaded a very sharp film so people could see how good his new Hasselblad was, and they would gasp in awe. The day dawned and the Princess and her entourage arrived, and on time, for the Princess liked perfection in all things.

Days passed, the lab delivered the photographs and the photographer was 'over the moon'. His new Hasselblad was wonderful, the lens was sharp, and he knew the people would be in awe and rush to his studio, making him rich enough to propose marriage to the Princess in the Kingdom next door. So running round to the Palace he went to meet the Queen (his stepmother for all sorts of complicated reasons) who, acting as any good mother, would confer royal approval on any new snaps of the Princess. But on seeing the pictures the Queen roared and stomped about, withering the leaves on the trees, and turning the air blue. "Photographer" she said, "you are employed to show the perfection of the Princess, NOT to show the perfection of your new Hasselblad! (for the news had spread) ". "Any fool knows to use a Softar filter on a Royal portrait!" she said. Upon which she turned him into a frog, which many in the Kingdom thought well deserved. Henceforth a Royal Proclamation was delivered to all subjects upon pain of death, and it simply read "Do not inflict your new camera on loved ones, especially a Princess, until you have got out of your system the desire to display its awesomeness, its not big and its not clever".

(this is an ancient tale, précised from a little known book of Swedish faerie tales 'When the Frog Croaked'. But modern scholars see similarities with many of todays human/frog transformations).

Steve

Rawfa

Mine is definitely not the best camera money can buy and not by far the sharpest lenses...but the "princess" did love the photos ;)

Rawfa

Improvised shot on location with a Sony A7, a pentax 28mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 2.0
The audio was captured live with a rode videomic pro.

https://vimeo.com/81553093 (I don't know how to embed...I tried the same code on another website and it worked)