Diffraction blurring reduction function is whether the effect of how much?
- So, please tell me the features of picture making.
Hotokesaki: image processing engine will change to "BIONZ X", there was the evolution of the three. The first is the "detail reproduction technology". who ever felt image is look unnatural by contour is emphasized in digital photography might also ever been, but to raise the texture in the natural depiction while maintaining the sense of resolution this time .
The second is the reduction of diffraction by the aperture. I think you refine, such as landscape photography, had been concerned about the fact that sharpness is lost also come. This time, we have to reduce the diffraction blur by multiplying the optimal filter in accordance with the aperture value.
Thirdly, coupled with detail reproduction technology, area division noise reduction that conventionally has improved both in terms of detail and noise.
Hotokesaki Jian, who was in charge of quality design.
- The detail reproduction technology do you have what kind of processing in particular?
Hotokesaki: I had that line, such as the border is attached to the edge of a simple edge enhancement of the past, the process has put a mechanism in the shallow, to restore the detail in a process different this time.
- That's called "process was different" Would whatever they?
Hotokesaki: I can not answer this for more information, but I give contrast local processing sharpness and adaptive processing in accordance with the subject.
- The diffraction reduction process followed, but the process of claiming the same effect in each company has begun to be adopted today. Do you have realized in any processing Sony?
Hotokesaki: calculates the filter in reverse to return the diffraction blur from the data of the lens, it has been applied to the image.
- The data of the lens, or would you use the data of design time or do you keep measuring individual lens in advance?
Hotokesaki: Based on the design data, we have optimized to confirm the influence.
- Of that data for correction do you are in the better of the lens.
Please refrain detail about it too: Hotokesaki.
- Does this also supports any lens?
There is also a lens effect: How Hotokesaki. I also supports A-mount lenses.
- If you want to get a deep depth of field, what all right in understanding that all right, narrow down any number of do not care about the diffraction blurring?
Does not mean that any number of: Hotokesaki. For example, in the case of lens best, at the same image quality as much the F5.6 to F8, F5.6 has kept a decent quality even F11. However, you will see the influence of diffraction slightly and squeeze until F16.
- If you do so, what all right even squeeze in extra is about two-stage from the F value of the diffraction blur acceptable yourself?
That's right: Hotokesaki. I think because there is a place by the pixel size of the sensor and the characteristics of the lens of what stage improvement numbers, it is good when I have to understand the degree to "image quality degradation is a concern squeeze" as there was prior art to be improved.