The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

24-70 F2.8 lens

mmbma

Has anyone seen this lens or tried it? Website says it comes out on February. I think this might be the lens that would win me over. I'm concerned about how big it will be.

mmbma

I see
Both the Sony and Amazon page says max aperture is 2.8, which is why I was excited.. I guess it's not

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
The Zeiss/Sony 24-70/2,8 is for Sony A mount, but can be used on A7R via an adapter.

iiiNelson

Yeah but that lens has been out a while. I believe he's referring to the new FE mount 24-70 that will be released in February and it's a f/4 lens.

tashley

Subscriber Member
No, there's a 28-70 kit lens (I think F3.5-5.6) that was released with the A7 but is available separately in some countries. I have tried it on the A7R and it gives acceptable results for its design and price point. The 24-70 is an F4 and due early next year.