The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7(r), 35/55 FE in USA - anyone?

roanjoh

Just want to know any development on the shipping of these items in the USA.

Amazon estimated (via email) DEC 4th delivery for the 35 FE - but nothing on the A7.

Anybody heard anything from other dealers?

roanjoh

Wow. You are right! Cool! Too bad the camera is not available! I would be cabbing there now to get 'em! Will keep checking - maybe they will magically appear before thanksgiving.

gurtch

Yes, I preordered the 35mm lens and A7R from B&H New York. My lens is in stock and will probably ship tomorrow. No camera to put it on, though.
Dave in NJ

Quentin_Bargate

Just ordered the 35mm from B&H, delivery to UK. Be interesting to see how this order progresses...the A7r should arrive tomorrow (from WEX, UK).

tashley

Subscriber Member
I'm moving to the Azores. Europe has the A7 and R and no lenses, the US has the 35 F2.8 - gotta get me a half-way house.

k-hawinkler

I'm moving to the Azores. Europe has the A7 and R and no lenses, the US has the 35 F2.8 - gotta get me a half-way house.
I ordered directly from SonyUSA some time ago, A7R and a little later the 35 FE lens.
Status has been "in processing" for days now.
Will see what happens.

But on the plus side.
Olympus charged my credit card for the new 12-40 lens!
I assume it will arrive soon! :D

algrove

Got a B&H notice today that the 35 FE is in stock. Really want the 24-70 FE, but decided to have one FE lens (35) for the waiting period.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Got a B&H notice today that the 35 FE is in stock. Really want the 24-70 FE, but decided to have one FE lens (35) for the waiting period.
Same here... My strategy is to see if the a7r with 24-70 makes better 20" ish prints than the E-M1 with 12-40 under my shooting conditions before I decide which to keep...

fmueller

I ordered the A7r and 35FE together from B&H

Checked on my order and it says the 35FE is "In stock, order sent to warehouse", no such luck with the A7r.

Maybe this means the camera body is not far behind. Honestly thought the lens would lag the body delivery by about a month. I already have a metabones adaptor for Canon and a Voigtlander for the M mount sitting on my desk.

I waited a long time for a high megapixel camera for my Canon TS lenses and now it will be here shortly even though I find myself very happy with the 5D3. Kinda wondering how I'll feel after I get the new equipment figured out....

I may actually be getting to the point where I have too many different camera systems and it may be distracting from my goal of producing fine photographs. I'm thinking the E-M5 and lenses are about to get divested...

Knorp

Correction: the UK has no lens - FE35/2.8 was/is available here in NL ... :p

Kind regards.

Just ordered the 35mm from B&H, delivery to UK. Be interesting to see how this order progresses...the A7r should arrive tomorrow (from WEX, UK).
Hi Quentin,

I would be very much interested in your opinion IQ A7R vs. Sigma DP2M once you have your A7R. I am less interested in resolution. But more interested whether the Sony is able to match the clarity and 3D effect of the Sigma Merrill.

It is no fun to invest a lot of time in PP with the Sigma. So if the Sony matches this "Sigma-clarity" and 3D effect, it would be a lot easier in PP to match the real colours and the WB than with the Merrill.

Best wishes

Quentin_Bargate

B&H say my lens has shipped. The A7R has arrived from Wex UK back at home (but I'm in my London flat so I won't pick that up until the weekend).

On a comparison between the DP2M and the Sony,will be interesting to check out the differences. The A7R will be more versatile but nothing I have ever seen has that micro detail of the Sigma DPM series.

roanjoh

FINALLY Got MINE!! WAhooo!!! Snapped the last A7 body in store at 17photo! Now I have something to be thankful for come Thanksgiving!

jagsiva

For those Canucks...henrys had next day shipping on A7r and 35FE. I ordered and have a shipped notification and arriving tomorrow. So for one, before the US and slightly cheaper :)

frozenbb

For those Canucks...henrys had next day shipping on A7r and 35FE. I ordered and have a shipped notification and arriving tomorrow. So for one, before the US and slightly cheaper :)
Indeed, I ordered the A7r and 35 FE from Henry's late on November 25, and both arrived at my doorstep in Vancouver this morning. For anyone who says I jumped the queue--I preordered with B&H at 10:08pm PST on October 15 (the moment it went live, in other words). But I had not received a shipping notice as of yesterday morning, and so I canceled my preorder.

Speaking of Henry's, they were kind enough to price match Vistek's kit deal on the A7r + LA-EA4 for $2474 CAD. Not as good as what the Aussies are getting, but still better than paying full price for that bloody adapter!

... The A7R will be more versatile but nothing I have ever seen has that micro detail of the Sigma DPM series.
Yes, this is exactly my problem. For Postprocessing many Sigma images ASAP this is a nightmare. I would love to switch to something more easy and "mainstream".

So I try to figure out, whether any other brand will be able to copy this IQ of the Sigma Merrills. Sony is one of the biggest sensor producers. If they are not able to match this with their newest sensor generation in the A7R, nobody will beat the Merrills over the next 4 years.

And then I have to bite the bullet and stay with Sigma for the next 4 years and all the cons in the workflow, AF speed, ISO limitations etc.. Not really appealing... :cry: