The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r - and why I'm keeping it ...

jfzander

Do you need a charger? You can charge the cam on any USB device, like in your car. It's like an iPhone. I have it for a week now and didn't miss the charger. Back in the car and charge it. I needed the spare though, as in Standby it depleted for some reason 2 times.

Do you need a charger? You can charge the cam on any USB device, like in your car. It's like an iPhone. I have it for a week now and didn't miss the charger. Back in the car and charge it. I needed the spare though, as in Standby it depleted for some reason 2 times.
And during the five hours needed to recharge the battery inside the camera...? Either you have a spare camera or you have just to wait.
:banghead::banghead:

V

Vivek

And during the five hours needed to recharge the battery inside the camera...? Either you have a spare camera or you have just to wait.
:banghead::banghead:
<$5 for the charger (shipped). "Hot" posted earlier for the NEX users.

J

JohnW

FYI A7 ordered, plus 2 spare batteries
As I learn more about the two cameras, the A7 seems the right choice for your style of photography. Look forward to your views on how it works as a BW street camera.

John

ashwinrao1

Thanks, John.

Yes, I did pick up an after market charger from bh photo as well :). This way, I can have one battery charging while I use the camera, with afully charged backup battery along for the ride....plus if I bring 3 charged batteries, I am nearly guaranteed 900-1000 shots in 1 session (wedding,etc)

jlm

Workshop Member
a few things i like so far a7r:

menus are straightforward (for this kind of camera;))
size and feel is great, repeat: great
35mm lens seems very nice, trim
can't wait for C1
it will be fantastic with longer fl leica lenses: 28 cron looks good, but i have been too busy to be analytical ( i am well versed with LCC adjustments, so i don't see a problem here, but the 50 and 75 cron will be so easy to get focus with manual focus with the mag and peaking works just as it should
EVF is quite nice

algrove

K-H

Did you receive it yet? Mine shipped today-might see it Friday. Got the FE 35 today to see how the AF works. Decided to get the dual charger for the batteries as I imagine it will come in handy when out for most of the day with grip.

I might just try the R 15/2.8 first.

Lou,

I can't wait to see how the R 15/2.8 does on the A7R. You worked some magic with that lens on our Everglades trip last spring. Like you, my FE 35mm arrived today and the A7R should arrive on Thursday or Friday. I am looking forward to it.

Mark

k-hawinkler

K-H

Did you receive it yet? Mine shipped today-might see it Friday. Got the FE 35 today to see how the AF works. Decided to get the dual charger for the batteries as I imagine it will come in handy when out for most of the day with grip.

I might just try the R 15/2.8 first.
Thanks Lou.
FedEx called today that they need a signature tomorrow for the A7R.
Hopefully they don't show up too late.
FE 35/2.8 lens and battery grip should arrive 1 or 2 days later. :)

Well, from my NEXs I have 2 chargers and 6 batteries. That ought to do it. :D

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
If you buy a charger and batteries ahead of the arrival of your A7/A7r, make sure that you charge it up on the power cord the first time, so that the internal battery can charge up. I found this out the hard way.:banghead:

algrove

K-H

Looks like you will be stuck at home a good part of the day unless they come early. As you already have plenty of charged batteries and probably know the menu better than anyone, with luck we should see some red rocks appearing on our monitors very soon. I am going to re-calibrate my monitor in anticipation.

:worthless:

k-hawinkler

If you buy a charger and batteries ahead of the arrival of your A7/A7r, make sure that you charge it up on the power cord the first time, so that the internal battery can charge up. I found this out the hard way.:banghead:
Thanks. I saw that. Of course, I will follow your advice! :thumbup: ;)

k-hawinkler

K-H

Looks like you will be stuck at home a good part of the day unless they come early. As you already have plenty of charged batteries and probably know the menu better than anyone, with luck we should see some red rocks appearing on our monitors very soon. I am going to re-calibrate my monitor in anticipation.

Thanks Lou,

Which lens to test first? Which lens to test first? Which lens to test first? :eek:

Ah, decisions, decisions, decisions ... :angry::banghead::grin:

So, I probably would like a success first! Hmm? Maybe start with

Noct Nikkor 58/1.2 or
Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH 28-90/2.8-4.5 or
Tri-Elmar-M ASPH WATE 16-18-21/4 or an oldie but goodie
Rigid Summicron 50/2?

What do you suggest?

retow

I received my A7R few days ago to use it with m-mount lenses exclusively. First quick snaps show that everything 50mm and longer should be fine on it (I used it with the ZM 50 Sonnar, lux 50 asph, Summarit 75, AA 90 Cron). However, the Summicron 35 asph and Elmarit 24 are not up to what I need. The 24 Elmarit @f8 and stopped down further is ok, but f2.8 and F4 are not satisfactory. The colors with the 35 Summicron are all over the place, I won`t bother with it on the A7r again. I`m interested in others experiences with 35mm RF lenses on the A7r. It seems the CV f1.2 35 does fine, but it is too bulky for my liking. I will try the Summilux 35 asph (not FLE) over the weekend, but do not expect too much after the Summicron 35 experience.