The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r - and why I'm keeping it ...

k-hawinkler

It could also be due to the saturation of the sensor , when just one color is burned, for instance red.
BTW I'm also seeing a difference in the rock standing forward : it gets brighter as you go from the first to the last picture.

Many thanks Anna, you nailed it.
The red channel is indeed almost completely blown out for all 3 images!

I am afraid my eyes aren't good enough anymore to pick up on the subtle changes in the rock standing forward.

Many thanks again.

k-hawinkler

Very interesting and timely (my A7RII should arrive tomorrow) synopsis of the technical innovations of the A7RII with emphasis on AF.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/87...tm_campaign=generic&ref_=pe_1822230_147410490

What I learned?

On A7RII use single shot with AF-C and eye focus (where appropriate).
No lock-on.
Faster than 1/1000 s use mechanical shutter.
Slower than 1/1000 s use EFCS.

A7RII is perfect for handheld with IBIS.
My A7R will get permanently affixed to an APO-R 280/4 (or Vario-R 105-280/4.2) with a rail for use on a sturdy tripod in landscape orientation and manual focus.

What are your conclusions after reading the above reference? TIA.

V

Vivek

I still wish Sony would offer a FW upgrade for the A7r to allow EFCS (or offer 1500 Euros towards an A7rII purchase for the old A7r).

k-hawinkler

I still wish Sony would offer a FW upgrade for the A7r to allow EFCS (or offer 1500 Euros towards an A7rII purchase for the old A7r).
Thanks Vivek, I agree entirely. An EFCS FW upgrade might not be technically feasible though. Apparently the chips aren't fast enough.

In the latter case I would upgrade my A7R of course. :thumbs:

k-hawinkler

I thought for these 2015 shots with NEX-5N + Mitakon Zhongyi Speedmaster 50mm f/0.95 Manual FF Lens for Sony E-Mount I revive this old thread! :grin:

K-H.