The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

VDSLR vs "Pro" lenses

V

Vivek

Tre, The E mount lens is even a better deal, I think. :thumbup:

It weighs ~200g more than the camera itself but it is a (relatively) fast ultrawide!

iiiNelson

Tre, The E mount lens is even a better deal, I think. :thumbup:

It weighs ~200g more than the camera itself but it is a (relatively) fast ultrawide!
Agreed and it solves the UWA "issue" for those wanting something super wide for a decent price. I still have my M-Mount lenses (21-90mm - various speeds) and they should all work well enough for what I mostly do (street, candid, event, and portraits.)

There was a really good deal going on for Black Friday/ Cyber Monday as well where they were offering the 24/1.5, 35/1.5, and 85/1.5 for $1200 (I believe) at B&H. Not the best lenses by any measure but all very usable and provide decent performance for those that want native lenses with some speed. If I was starting from scratch I would've picked them up myself. It's not everyday you can get half decent set of fast lenses for under $1600.

V

Vivek

I have used a Kinoptik 9.8 f/1.8 on Epson RD-1s. Compared to that, the Samyang is a featherweight! :)

iiiNelson

Correction to my previous post... The deal (24mm,35mm, and 85mm/1.5) is still going on at B&H until 10 December 2013 but the three lens kit is $1300 and not $1200.

scho