The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Well I went and did it...

iiiNelson

I bought an A7 to go along with the A7r I already have on preorder since B&H has them in stock sans zoom lens now. I did it for many reasons but above all is image quality of the A7/r and the fact that what I'm seeing is good enough to potentially become my primary system except when I decide to use the Leica. The second reason is that I need to send my M9 in for a potential cracked sensor (finally it hit me.) the third is that I'm more comfortable with a Sony being stolen over a Leica (though I don't which any situation would ever occur with a thief.)

I will primarily use these as backups/ travel cameras since I travel quite a bit and eventually I will pick up the Zeiss and Sony G zooms more than likely. For now it'll be my M mount lenses exclusively.

V

Vivek

Congrats, Tre! :thumbs:

I plan to add an A7 or an A7R as i would like to have an UV/IR setup and perhaps a monochrome camera as well (the D800 has been successfully made monochrome! ;) ). The NEX E mount is an universal mount and takes anything, even some Leica lenses! :D

iiiNelson

Congrats, Tre! :thumbs:

I plan to add an A7 or an A7R as i would like to have an UV/IR setup and perhaps a monochrome camera as well (the D800 has been successfully made monochrome! ;) ). The NEX E mount is an universal mount and takes anything, even some Leica lenses! :D
Thanks Vivek. Yeah the A7/r would probably be able to take even more Leica lenses as a monochrome.

I think the A7 combined with an A7r makes a great combination together. There are those times when you don't "NEED" 36MP but then there are those times where you'd like 36MP or more.

As for my other Sony camera I will sell the A77, 16-50/2.8, and 70-200/2.8 ASAP (plus accessories.) I've been meaning to for awhile now but hadn't gotten around to it.