The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The real manual

V

Vivek

It may be useful for newbies. For the NEX/A99/RX1 users (most anyway :D), there is nothing new there.

FWIW, the manual that comes with the camera (or available for download as a pdf) has everything that one needs to operate/use the camera. It is just a matter of getting used to the camera and the possibilities.

V

Vivek

I doubt this is a document Sony wanted released, as the hyperlinks are inactive.

Graham
It most definitely is not! The title is wrong. Someone cludged the real manual and a Q&A bit from somewhere to make this.

carstenw

Someone on another forum commented that the PDF consists of images of each page, not real text. This is why the links don't work.

It looks real enough, but not in this form. I wonder if it is an intermediate version, before the final version is released?

V

Vivek

Again, the title is misleading. It is not a real manual. Someone made this and posted a link to this on the sonyalpharumors.

The real manual comes with the camera and is also available as a pdf from Sony website.

In the official "instruction Manual" I read the following:

Learning more about the camera (“Help
Guide”)
“Help Guide” is an on-line manual. Refer to it for indepth
instructions on the many functions of the camera.
1 Access the Sony support page.
Sony Global - "Contact Us"
2 Select your country or region.
3 Search for the model name of your camera within the support
page.
• Check the model name on the bottom of your camera.

I could not find the document referred to in the above instructions.
May be the one referred to in this post is an unofficial copy of the same.

Ben Rubinstein

Again, the title is misleading. It is not a real manual. Someone made this and posted a link to this on the sonyalpharumors.

The real manual comes with the camera and is also available as a pdf from Sony website.
Who cares? The real one is beyond awful, this one is incredible, story closed as far as I'm concerned :toocool:

gurtch

Hello all: my A7R arrived today. Is there supposed to be a CD with RAW conversion software included? Mine had non. Usually Camera makers conversion software is pretty bad, and I regularly use ACR and DXO, but the camera may be too new to be supported by them.
Thanks in advance
Dave in NJ