The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7/A7r/RX1 Camera test!

peterb

Richard Branson has just invited you to quickly pack some things and join him and a few celebrity friends on his private island estate on Necker Island in the BVI for a weekend of sheer indulgence.

You see your A7r (or A7) and an RX1r sitting side by side on your credenza.

Which one do you grab?

P.S. Your lovely M9, M240 and MM, alas, are in Solms for rangefinder re-alignment. (Sorry.)

:)

(I'll probably get banished from the site for this unabashedly preposterous, paradoxical post.)

V

Vivek

Peter, Like a virgin.. I will only take my MM. It works fine (just throw in a back pack wherever I go) without alignment problems, Besides chicks will dig the MM (like someone said in another thread). Hey who knows, it could even do well in a space mission! :ROTFL:

Auni

Ok, I'll play along. Since, I can't take my M240 and my dozen M lenses ;) and my A7R seems to be having trouble in the corners with so many second party lenses and the A7R isn't flush with its own... that leaves the my trusty RX1 which produces the best 35mm focal length files available. It is small and will fit in my carry on luggage and chicks dig it, no they really do. The reason is that my RX1 is a statement camera. It says, I don't need a big camera because, I'm not compensating for anything. :bugeyes:

Reality be told, you don't bring a camera to one of Richard's parties... he actually sets RX1 cameras out on the tables for everyone to shoot.:cool:

philip_pj

For people shot in candid form, for expressive portraiture, quiet and ease of use, all of frame excellence, the tiny RX1 stands alone at the top of that tree. It makes a Leica M look like a noisy piece of pretentious bling.

If they get boring - celebs after all - walk around and shoot seascapes and shoreline interest.