We are beginning to see a lot of user reports showing glass on this camera. With so much out there I would find it useful if brief subjective summaries of user's experiences were collated. Here are mine so far.
Some of my own impressions differ from those of knowledgeable reviewers so take this with appropriate caution.
1. Zeiss Biogon 35 F2 is very sharp at center and unusable even a short distance out from there. Images are badly smeared.
2. Sony/Zeiss FE 35 is a lovely and compact lens, very sharp but with a bit too much smearing in the corners for me. I am pathologically sensitive to corners so this is probably is not an issue that matters to most people.
3. Summicron R 50 works very well above f3.5. Corners are crud at f2, but it has been suggested that it is the same on film. I will dig out the old Leicaflex and see. Looking forward to the native 55mm, which is starting to look good in reviews.
4. Apo-Summicron M 90 F2 asph. Gasp. What a lens and wonderful on the A7r! Love it from wide open on up.
5. Elmar 135 f4 is lovely, even wide open.