The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 7.16 adds A7(r) support

My very quick initial test shows much reduced jaggies. Here's a sample - the full image, then Lightroom, then Capture One. Look a the lettering on the blue sign that says 'One'...

But what about the E-M1 ? Is that supported too ?
Yes!

From the release notes:

Camera file support
• Canon 70D, 100D/Rebel SL1, G16 and S120.
• Fujifilm X-E2.
• Leica X2 and V-Lux 4.
• Nikon D610, D5300, DF, 1 AW1, P330, P7800 and P7700.
• Olympus E-M1.
• Panasonic GX7 (preliminary), FZ72, FZ150, FZ200 and LF1.
• Pentax K50, Q10 and Q7.
• Sony A7R, A7, RX1R (improved) and RX10.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Damn Mike you beat me too it. Thanks and perfect timing for me as I start shooting today with the A7r. Now I can really evaluate it.

Ron Pfister

Both LR, one with CA-removal, the other without (as far as I understood).

Edit: please ignore - sorry, missed your post, Mike (refresh).

Mike how is C1 looking in general. I have no files yet
I use Lightroom primarily, but I've always gone to C1 to get the most from my critical/important work. It's not as polished as LR (i.e. its cataloging features), but it seems to pull every last bit of quality from your files.

tashley

Subscriber Member
At first shot C1 looks better but I have fiddled with sharpening routines and by the time you have something superficially similar in both programs, in terms of sharpening settings, the results look quite similar. I reckon approx LR 45/0.8/70/10 is very similar to C1. Usually in LR for a non AA camera I use 60/0.7/70/20 but with A7R I have gone for 50/0.6/70/20.

Jaggies look quite a bit better in C1. But it is so hard to make a judgement because the parametric choices are different in each program as are the scales. One seems to do edge detail better, the other fine texture and so on. But there is less 'orange peel' in the C1 file than in the LR file processed as described. Transitions are another matter: they are much smoother in C1 as far as I can see at first look. In fact, you have to remove all sharpening in LR before it looks as smooth in OOF areas and transitions as does the fully sharpened C1.

I am still trying to see if there's a trick involved in C1 that makes it look superficially better but I suspect that it is just - better.

Last edited: