The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony manual focusing

JoelM

That looks great, I'm gonna do that for sure. I think I'll make mine yellow, to match my focus peaking :)

Joel

hcubell

I tried using a loupe on the LCD with the magnified focus activated, and each time I put the loupe over the screen, the screen goes black. Is there is a way to turn off that behavior?
Thanks.

neelin

I tried using a loupe on the LCD with the magnified focus activated, and each time I put the loupe over the screen, the screen goes black. Is there is a way to turn off that behavior?
Thanks.
I've got a pile of generic adapters and there are a couple that this happens with. Don't know why, but for whatever reason, it might be your adapter.

edit..oops, read more careful...ignore this. My issue with a couple of adapters is the magnified zoom for focusing pops back to full width view as soon as I turn a manual lens, not on all adapters.

Last edited:

ohnri

Thanks.
The camera probably thinks that the loupe is your face and is activating the EVF.

I have found my A7 to be very sensitive in this regard.

You can turn off the automatic switching but I don't recall how and I don't have my camera with me just now.

-Bill

dchew

Menu - Custom Settings (the second main tab) - FINDER/MONITOR

You can set it to auto/viewfinder/monitor

Dave

yatlee

I suggest you guys try setting the magnifier on the AF/MF or AEL button. I set it to the AEL button (selector pointing down) knowing that I hardly ever use it. It's can be set under "Custom Key Settings". My thumb can press the AEL button (double press or triple press to zoom in even more) to magnify while my index finger on the shutter ready to fire. To me, this is a lot more intuitive than the c1 button and a lot faster.

Give a try.