The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Last Decision and shopping is Over

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay I have on hand the NovaFlex Nikon G to the FE adapter. With that adapter I have the Leica 19 R and Zeiss 135 F2 in Nikon mount. I bought the 35 FE and just enough cash left to get a 85mm. I sold my Nikon 85mm so I was thinking of getting a used Zeiss 85mm 1.4 ZF.2 Nikon mount so they all share this adapter but than a very nice forum member got a Alpa LAEA4 that he is sending me so I could buy a used Sony 85 1.4 ZA lens which would actually give me 2 AF lenses a 35 and 85 plus the cheap zoom. I just never handled the ZA but I bet my bottom dollar its amazing and nice to manual focus it. Any thoughts would be helpful. Than I am done and converted over. I may add that Minolta High Speed 200mm 2.8 early next year. I had that lens its wahoo baby.

Guy Mancuso

I should never say I am done buying gear that would be a outright stinking lie but it sounds good. ROTFLMAO

I still need a flash.

Ron Pfister

Kudos, Guy! You're a brave man!! I'm not sure I would have ditched all my tried and trusted DSLR gear in exchange for A7 and A7R if good AF performance was part of the job description (it isn't for my cams). Please let us know how you get on!

Guy Mancuso

Well for AF work the zoom would be fine. 35mm is great for grip and grin the 85mm I could go either way. I actually enjoy manual focusing and actually dislike AF. I never trust it and its always a source of issues

Qamaro

+1 on the 85ZA, I have been using it with the NEX7. It's a solid performer and I love the draw on it as is to be expected with Zeiss lenses. I can't wait to move to the A7r myself so let me know how that LAEA4 works out.

Guy Mancuso

I did buy a used excellent condition85 1.4 ZA from KEH . Hopefully here for Christmas. Thanks for your help. Final lens lineup Leica 19, 35FE, 85ZA, Zeiss 135, kit zoom 28-70.
I do want the FE 55 and Zeiss 25f2 but those will have to wait a bit. Also both A7 and A7r

Godfrey

Perhaps the right subject title for this thread is "Last Decision and shopping is Over ... Until I have some more Money to spend. "

Sadly, I know that's how it tends to work for me. Such is the life.