The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Members with D800/D800E: Help needed

ZoranC

Today I spent some time trying out some of my wide angle Nikon Ai-S lenses on A7R (20, 24, and 35mm). I was rather disappointed with results outside the center area while I remember being satisfied with them on D700 and I started to wonder is it because of A7R or could it be lenses themselves (as I don't have reference point how they would perform on native body with same MP count).

Is there a member here that also has access to D800 or D800E and some of wide angle native mount lenses that could please provide such pixel peeping reference point?

jerome_m

Try this: Collection: Nikon lens tests

There are images taken with the 35mm f/1.4G, 35mm f/2.0, 28mm D and AIS and various zoom lenses. Each image is downloadable in native resolution by clicking "all sizes". Basically, the answer is yes, corners are poor.

Sorry, but I don't have the 20 or 24mm primes.

ZoranC

Jerome, thank you for your help! What a coincidence and small world, your pictures are what I came across yesterday when I was searching Flickr for some samples :) Could you please tell me where was the focus point?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Try looking at the LensRental website ..they have excellent tests on all the current alternatives for Nikon mount .

gurtch

Try looking at the LensRental website ..they have excellent tests on all the current alternatives for Nikon mount .
Hi Roger: I refer to your site often to get your take on various lenses. I just went there; where are the tests of alternate lenses on D800/E?
Thanks
Dave

Mark K

Today I spent some time trying out some of my wide angle Nikon Ai-S lenses on A7R (20, 24, and 35mm). I was rather disappointed with results outside the center area while I remember being satisfied with them on D700 and I started to wonder is it because of A7R or could it be lenses themselves (as I don't have reference point how they would perform on native body with same MP count).

Is there a member here that also has access to D800 or D800E and some of wide angle native mount lenses that could please provide such pixel peeping reference point?
I all my AI lenses...none of them survive my personal likeness of D800 and I have started gradually using newer G lenses. It must be the problem of the lenses themselves