The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Magnified Focus in Live View on A7r?

jpaulmoore

Hello all,
I thought that I had finally worked this out but I can't replicate it. What I am trying to do is magnify the image in Live View so that I can fine tune my focus manually. When I try to do this I can zoom in on the image but it almost instantly/automatically goes back to the normal view before I can get the focus fine tuned. This is driving me a bit batty because I am sure I was able to do this previously. I may have inadvertently changed a setting but I am not sure about that.

Your help with this would be greatly appreciated as I now have to get serious about using this camera because I am leaving for a photo trip soon.
Many thanks!
J. Paul

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It's in the menus under focus peaking turn it to not turn off. You may have it set to like 5 seconds