The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony/Zeiss 2.0/24 ZA SSM Distagon T* on A7R

thomas

Apparently there are no really good fully manual wides for the A7R. So I've just aquired a ZA Distagon 2.0/24 and a Sony LA-EA3 adapter.

Now... the lens is incredibly sharp also at the edges when stopped down (exactly what I was lokking for). It even shows moiré at the edges at f5.6 and f8 - so it's really high res across the frame.
However, chromatic aberations and purple fringing show up at the very edges (outer ~800 pixels on the long side) even when stopped down to f5.6 or f8.
In the center and mid frame everything is really fine... but the CAs on the edges make me wonder if I maybe got a somewhat weak copy.

Can anbody here using this combo confirm or contradict the CA observations?

thomas

well.... just checked a file in Iridient-Develper.
When I turn on/off the CA correction the aberrations are prefectly corrected. So the copy of the lens the guys had at hand to create the profile appears to be very similar to my copy.
So maybe this is normal with this lens ... ?