The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

joined the A7r crowd today

Just got myself the A7r + fe 35/55 lenses. I'm also getting the zeiss 24-70, but that will be delivered in march.

I part-ex'd my belowed M9 and elmarit-m 90/2.8 + summilux 50/1.4 pre-asph for the package included above. Also part of the deal was oly evf-2 for my X2.

Was pretty much 1:1 swap, some pennies on top.

I'll miss the Leica dearly after my 3 years with it, but in the end my manual focus wasn't speedy enough and it was getting too little use due to it. I loved what it delivered, but I failed too often.. :(

Let's see what the little sony delivers.. I'll report in the fun wit A7 chain in time :)

//Juha
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don Libby

Congratulations! What little bit I've been able to use of Sandy's 7r I've liked it a lot (maybe a little too much). She currently has the 55 and has pre-ordered the 24-70.

Coming from a Canon I asked her what she thought of the Sony and her only negative was the shutter sound, then she said its "okay" as she's gotten used to it.

Don

Shouldn't you have walked away with change from that deal or are you including the zoom lens too?
The zoom is part of the deal too. I could have gotten a slightly better deal by selling the stuff privately, but it would have taken weeks at minimum to get all sold. And even then the difference wouldn't have been big.

And the M9 + lenses is a hard sell privately in Finland. I've seen some reasonably priced M9's being sold fpr months, since the dealers are selling them 2nd hand at reasonable prices as well.. people want their couple of months or warranty from the dealer at this price range.

The whole deal was the body + the 3 lenses + the oly vf-2 and 135€ in cash against my M9 + the 2 lenses.

Don't think it was a bad deal. I've bought the lenses 2nd hand and the body was 3 years old ex-demo from same dealer.

//Juha

Congratulations!

Coming from a Canon I asked her what she thought of the Sony and her only negative was the shutter sound, then she said its "okay" as she's gotten used to it.

Don
Thanks. Surprisingly The shutter sound doesn't bother me one bit. I was expecting it to do so...

I think more getting used to will be the shutter button, which feels a bit like pushing on a rubber ball without clear stops.

//Juha

Ben Rubinstein

I bought this for my shutter button, perfect fit, very strong stick and makes a huge difference. I have one on the big centre button on the back too which I use for focus magnification.

The shutter sound never bothered me either. It's nicely mechanical and not squeaky.