The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Scouting Yosemite with the A7r

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
His 50mm newest cron up nothing of note at all except worked wonderfully. His 35 cron may have had some magenta cast but I need him to confirm that.

D&A

18 and 21 maybe a little smearing in the far corners on the A7r but it actually was not too devastating. The A7 looked better. But again wait for Woody"s comments as he was testing with a propose in mind. I really don't want to get too deep on which lens is working or not as for me to do that properly I would really have to test with that purpose in mind and carefully mark everything.
Fully understand Guy. I too am hesitant to make any definitive comments about lens or camera performance without adaquate and proper testing. My concern like most is how M mount wide angle lenses (28mm and wider) perform on both the A7 and A7r when shot near or at wide open.

Obviously by stopping down to f8-f11, much of the smearing and color casts can be avoided, but those lenses often beg for shooting at wider apatures (depending on application of course).

Dave (D&A)