The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony-Too many Lens format configurations

Godfrey

Nice kit, Carl. A "Leica CL Digital" surrogate ... who could have imagined a decade ago that Sony would make it? ;-)

I heard rumor that the Voigtländer Ultron 28mm f/2 works nicely on the A7. Anyone tried it? I have one of these lenses that I've been considering selling, but if it works well on the A7 sensor that might be reason to hang onto it. It's not a tiny lens, whether it's more compact than an Elmarit-R 24/28 mm f/2.8 with adapter is something of a question mark.

So much to experiment with and learn with these cameras ... !

G

scho

Nice kit, Carl. A "Leica CL Digital" surrogate ... who could have imagined a decade ago that Sony would make it? ;-)

I heard rumor that the Voigtländer Ultron 28mm f/2 works nicely on the A7. Anyone tried it? I have one of these lenses that I've been considering selling, but if it works well on the A7 sensor that might be reason to hang onto it. It's not a tiny lens, whether it's more compact than an Elmarit-R 24/28 mm f/2.8 with adapter is something of a question mark.

So much to experiment with and learn with these cameras ... !

G
Thanks Godfrey. I sold my Ultron 28 2, but still have the 28 1.9 which performs well on the A7R. Also a a somewhat large lens and lower contrast than the 2, but I like the smooth tonal transitions this lens can provide.