The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon 16-35/2.8 with A7?

nostatic

Anyone tried the EF 16-35/2.8L with the A7? So far I'm pretty smitten with the A7, but my wife needs a decent wide to shoot her sculpture works. Been using the 16-35/2.8L on a 6D, but if it'll work with an adapter (AF isn't really necessary) that could send the 6D packing. Alternatively, is there a good wide choice for the A7 at the moment? Sometimes need something wider than 24mm.

W.Utsch

Yes, the 16-35 L II works pretty good on the A7R. I used it with the Metabones Smart III adaptor (AF is working).
But the combination is quite big.

I can recommend the Zeiss ZE (Canon Mount) 18/3.5. Works perfect with the A7 and though quite heavy with adaptor the lens handles very good and is not to big.