The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nex 7 and FE 35/2.8

Slingers

I just received the FE 35/2.8 today and thought I would post some examples. I haven't seen any previous shots from a crop camera and this lens, I'm sure there probably is some somewhere. I know the NEX 7 is soon to be discarded as a former model but my thoughts are that maybe if you are considering its replacement you might be interested. My first impressions of this lens are AF was very snappy, probably the fastest AF lens I own. I did not notice any hunting and the lens never missed focus. When holding this lens it feels very light, similar to the sigma 19/2.8. So far I have been impressed with the results the lens produced even though it was a grey overcast day and a little dark.

f/2.8:

f/4:

f/6.3:

Rich M

I think the dumping of the NEX 6/7's that's going on on all the Buy and Sell boards is a mistake.

I am now looking at my NEX 7 as a high quality 1.5X tele-extender for the new native E-mount lenses :D

Slingers

I am now looking at my NEX 7 as a high quality 1.5X tele-extender for the new native E-mount lenses :D
I agree, I'm looking forward to seeing how the 70-200/4 performs.

Now that I've had more time with the lens I know can add that it struggles to focus in low light and often misses focus unless there is some backlighting in low light. Here are some more examples

ISO 100 f/2.8 1/200

ISO 1600 f/2.8 1/200