The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sony a900 multi selector button

MikalWGrass

The multi selector button stopped working almost completely earlier today right before my son's swim meet. I was able to get it working somewhat but for the most part the selector button doesn't: scroll down; depress (I cannot use button to select anything); or scroll left.

Does anyone know how I can get the button working short of sending it to Sony for repair? The camera is almost 4 yrs old and has a lot of mileage on it but it still performed until today.

Yes, I know I need a new camera but since I have been preaching austerity to my family, now isn't the right time for me to buy a new camera and then sneak it into the house.

Thank you.

Malina DZ

Do you have a vertical grip? If not, I'd get one if the repair cost is higher than the price of the OEM VG. Not sure if the dust blower may help.