The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

chiek

It will make H/V position revolving and can X-axis shifting +/- 20mm.
I thought gear driven shift mechanism first time but It will cost more, so Thinking insert stopper to -20mm / 0 / +20mm.

It can delivers on A7R,
1 shot (36mm x 24mm / 24mm x 36mm, 36.4Mpx)
3 shot
Horizontal 76mm x 24mm , (approx 75Mpx)
Vertical 64mm x 36mm, (Over 80Mpx)

A huge image size, It's over than I expect.
It can using various lenses, Hasselblad V, telephoto MF nikkor lens, any other Perspective Control lens as EF24TS-II, EF-17TS, olympus shift etc.
Personally, I hope to use Xpan lenses but It's hard to find in Seoul.

I have not A7/A7R body yet. I'm watching Body price. It's price has down and down… Wink
disassemble EF lens to sony nex adapter with electric contacts, fit to GX680 lens boards and my custom A7 body mounts…. then It can live view focusing in technical movements and work electric aperture.
So comfortable for still-life photographers !

I think It can sells worldwide.

I'm importing EF-nex adapter and Other materials are ready to making.
and thinking to buy 7" high resolution HDMI monitor for larger live view and composition.

Note.
It needs GX-680 I/II/III body but NO GX680-IIIs. <--- It can't technical movements.

Any comments are welcome.

custom camera design blog
designing camera

Shashin

That is the kind of combination that seems so natural--a Gitzo tripod, Linhof head, Ebony camera, (a Rodenstock lens?), with a Sony camera. So obvious.

chiek

update… almost done.
Canon Ef mounts. so It can accepts almost all lenses. (shortest flange back : 44mm)

Now I'm making wide bellows for this camera.

and Black matte Finish, Annodyzing(?)

This is 1st PROTOTYPE. It will change for better use.

Test video (youtube)
http://youtu.be/iRBkWv3a6PY

Last edited:

Professional

I wish i can have that adapter for my Sony A7R to my LR, i have an adapter to place my Canon DSLR on my Shen Hao 4x5, but it is a big nightmare with weight, and also the lenses are no work, only very macro close up which is not what i want.

I hope this one will be the answer

chiek

I wish i can have that adapter for my Sony A7R to my LR, i have an adapter to place my Canon DSLR on my Shen Hao 4x5, but it is a big nightmare with weight, and also the lenses are no work, only very macro close up which is not what i want.

I hope this one will be the answer
1st PROTOTYPE complete.

testing video
http://youtu.be/YdYB3BWE08c

If you're interest,
please visit to New Website
http://chiek.co.kr/6807

Maximum resolution
Horizontal :
18000 x 3950 pixel (a7) / 22000 x 4850 pixel (a7R)
Vertical :
17500 x 5950 pixel (a7) / 21000 x 7300 pixel (a7R)

2cut stitching resolution

Horizontal : 72mm x 24mm
11000 x 3950 pixel (a7) / 13500 x 4850 pixel (a7R)
Vertical : 48mm x 36mm
7900 x 5950 pixel (a7) / 9700 x 7300 pixel (a7R)

Sell… starting price US$799 :LOL:

Last edited:

chiek

Really very impressive! What is the widest focal length you can use? That price is very very good for what it is!
tested by 12-24,
15mm has +/- 1~2mm

18mm has +/- 4~5mm, it is enough to generally using.

21mm has +/- 6~8mm

24mm has +/- over 10mm

recommend good zoom lens , I tested another concept camera. af-s nikkor 17-35 (may be 14-24 is better) is very sharp even edges.

any questions, please let me know.

Last edited: