The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wow 55mm FE

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I just got mine today and Wow. Anytime you get Moire handheld wide open you know you got a lens that is sharp. I am impressed

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I read it very impressed its that close to the Otus. It certainly is sharp wide open nice size and fast AF

Don Libby

Guy, we used that lens last month in Jackson and was very impressed. We also have the 24-70 on pre order and just waiting for it to arrive. We loaned the 7r along with the 55 to Chistine for her Asia trip, while not her favorite focal length she says she was impressed nevertheless.

Very nice lens if you ask me.

Luvwine

In good light, AF is great. In bad light, especially at close distances, not so much. Still a terrific lens, and likely the best all round choice at or close to normal on A7r.