Hello Nice folks of GetDPI forums and Sony A7/7R users,
I want to know how this camera stacks up in real world use. Specifically the questions asked will be tailored for my use. My main camera is 5D mark III.
1) Focus hunting in low light and back lighting, is it a problem?
2) User interface, has it been frustrating?
3) Shutter response, 'I heard' it's mushy, is it? and is shutter response instant?
4) Flash use, any experiences with it?
5) I have no doubt the sensors are great in these cameras, and it allow access to a lot of third party lenses, however, if I stick with the native FE 55 f/1.8, which I see is superb, is this camera a keeper?
6) What annoys you most or what can be improved with the A7/7R?
7) What do you love about it, and are you willing to give up your DSLRs for it yet?
8) Would you take this camera to Disney World as your only camera with kids?
9) Does it have auto-bracketing up to three exposures apart/user defined... yes, for HDR part of me!
I'm purposely avoiding the shutter loudness questions, since I know and hopefully time will tell if Sony improves on the A7R with it.
Well that's it folks, it's a self-serving thread, but I really want to know if this camera is right for me. I want to avoid buying it and then sending it back or putting it up on ebay later!