The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Hasselblad HV (A99)

pegelli

I also like the design. Most other rebadged Sony's they produced were uglier vs. their "cheap" siblings, this one is actually nicer (which wasn't difficult, because I find the A99 pug ugly).

Still this seems to be a camera for people who have more money than sense :banghead:

And sorry to stephengilbert, the snark remark counter just went up by one :salute:

fotografz

I also like the design. Most other rebadged Sony's they produced were uglier vs. their "cheap" siblings, this one is actually nicer (which wasn't difficult, because I find the A99 pug ugly).

Still this seems to be a camera for people who have more money than sense :banghead:

And sorry to stephengilbert, the snark remark counter just went up by one :salute:
$11K is pocket change to the top 1%ers … same as buying a P&S for most of us. To make sense of something you have to think about it, these folks aren't burdened with having to think about it. If it strikes their fancy, they buy it.

Personally I like the A99 design … maybe because form follows function, and I actually use one :)

- Marc

pegelli

Personally I like the A99 design … maybe because form follows function, and I actually use one :)
- Marc
I like it too, and using it gives no problems. I have used one a few times, but don't own one (yet). I just find the body shape ugly and find the older A900/850 more attractive. Just a matter of taste. But in the end it's just a tool to get the job done, so it really doesn't matter much as long as it feels right to operate. :D