The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

the 3 bears - a size comparison

f/otographer

Nice comparison shots. There is a neat little site that does this that I use often to compare camera sizes. Not sure if you have seen it before.

Compare camera dimensions side by side

You can choose any two cameras in their database and compare them. But real size comparisons like yours are nice to see.

Great collection by the way.

nostatic

Yeah, the camera size comparison site is very cool, but interchangeable lenses are a complication with it. I think they added that feature recently.

I tend to jump with both feet. When I fell for the A7, that started a chain reaction. I divested myself of all of my u43 except GH3 and the Panny f2.8 zoom pair which is the go-to video setup. For point and shoot I had Canon S100 and then Panny GM1. I had an RX100 a year or so ago but didn't really get on with it. Part of it was expectations. The problem is the files from the A7 spoiled me. Then we had a video crew come in to do a shoot on one of our projects and I documented it with the A7 and RX100ii. Worked well, but significant quality difference as you'd expect. The thing is at some points I had to shoot the RX100ii because the shutter of the A7 would have stepped on audio for the shoot. Hence looking for something silent with a big sensor.

I seem to go through waves where I'll swap out a bunch of stuff, then be stable, then a year or two later start getting CDO (that's OCD in alphabetical order).