The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r + Summilux-r 80 info requested?

Gents,

I know some of you've tried it and I've seen some nice photos made with this combo. But nobody has specifically commented on it.

So what's your take on this combo? Anything to be aware of? Also what's the focus throw like? I once had the 75 lux on the M8/9 and it was a dream, but the focus throw was annoyingly slow...

These can still be found at semi-reasonable prices, so if it's good I'm going to snag one while I still can!

Also about the mount adapters, do they "lock" on the lens ie. have a push button or similar to remove from the lens? Ideally I'd like to permanently attach the adapter to the lens and not have to worry about it ever since..

//Juha

Gents,

I know some of you've tried it and I've seen some nice photos made with this combo. But nobody has specifically commented on it.

So what's your take on this combo? Anything to be aware of? Also what's the focus throw like? I once had the 75 lux on the M8/9 and it was a dream, but the focus throw was annoyingly slow...

These can still be found at semi-reasonable prices, so if it's good I'm going to snag one while I still can!

Also about the mount adapters, do they "lock" on the lens ie. have a push button or similar to remove from the lens? Ideally I'd like to permanently attach the adapter to the lens and not have to worry about it ever since..

//Juha
Take it. Wonderful and nothing to be aware of. Focus trow is 180 deg. from 0,8 meters infinity. Adapters lock on the lens, I have the Novoflex that is very solid and well done, but if you prefer a fixed adapter, Leitax has it

_DSC1223 by sergio lovisolo, on Flickr

_DSC0557 by sergio lovisolo, on Flickr

Last edited: