The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica R adapters

Gents,

Just found a great solution for this! Leitax has a mount for Sony E. And it permanently attaches _on top_ of the original mount. So no tearing the lens apart with this, unlike with other Leitax adapters.

So, it will have no extra moving slack! It's attached with screws in the original screw holes. And it's under half the price of a novoflex adapter.

I'll for sure get these for possible R-lenses. No question about it!

Leica-R lenses for Mirrorless cameras

//Juha

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Really wow I may do that with my 19mm. I have a metabones now and it's okay. Not like my Novoflex for my Nikon mount

Godfrey

They look great for rigidity, if kinda ugly. But ... To use them effectively you're going to need one for each lens. That gets pricey if, like me, you have five or six lenses to outfit.

I've been using a single Novoflex NEX/LER. Fits beautifully, no slop at all, and whatever flex there might be is below my level of concern with 24 to 135mm lenses so far. The ASTAT/NEX tripod mount takes the burden of the weight on a tripod too.

The 180/2.8 is large and heavy enough that I'll hold the camera by the lens and use the lens built-in tripod mounting foot.

I'd love to get one of the 19mm lenses too .. Sheesh they're pricey.

G

Godfrey: sure, it can get expensive in that kind of situatio. However, for me, I'm not planning to stock up on the Leica R stuff. I'm more like thinking 1 or 2 lenses tops..

My intention is to be using the native FE mount lenses, as long as the quality is in the level of the 35/55 lenses. The Leica R lenses would be more like "let's have some fun" kind of things.. ie get me some of that great feeling I had with my M9, when I had the chance to really slow down and concentrate on getting the focus perfectly aligned.

At the moment I'm eyeing some 80 sluxes :) And if that proves great, then maybe a wide or alternatively something in the 135'ish range.

//Juha

Godfrey

Different intent entirely from mine. I bought the A7 specifically to have a digital body for my Leica R lenses (and my favorite little gaggle of Nikkors too), and I'll likely never buy a Sony lens. So I have a Novoflex adapters for Nikon F and Leica R mount.

Just received the one for Leica M mount too (access to my Skink Pinhole kit as well as 135, 90, and maybe compact 40 and 28mm lenses). I don't believe M lenses are the right lenses to use on this camera, but if the 40 and 90 work well, there's my "digital Leica CL" in the flesh at last.

To me, the A7 is all about the sensor, the viewfinder, and extraordinary lens versatility. For anything involving AF, speed, etc ... well, that's what I have the Olympus E-M1 for. :)

G

I think we're on the same page :)

For the small 40, I've read some favourable things about the CV40/1.4 on the A7/A7r. That could be very interesting?

I had one couple of years ago on the M8 and quite liked it. Only sold it, because 40mm wasn't lining up nicely with the 35 or 50 frames in the VF.

Might not be the sharpest lens out, especially wide open, but was plenty good for my use. Didn't even flare too much... can't remember it being an issue, as I didn't even have the hood for it.

//Juha

Godfrey

I'll try out the Nokton 40/1.4 MC too. 40 seems to be one of my favorite focal lengths, on both APS-C and FF formats; that one has done most of its service on the Ricoh GXR-M so far.

G