The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Helping a friend out (Sony A7)

Rawfa

A friend of a friend of mine who is an actor asked me to help him out after seeing some of my work (I only took the pictures...I didn't decide on any posing, clothes, etc).

Sony A7 with Canon FDs 50mm 1.4 and 135mm 2.5

Rawfa

Really?? I love the bokeh. It´s really non conventional. It´s funny though that you´re the second person who said they didn´t like the bokeh. Yes, these are Canon lenses (Canon FDs 50mm 1.4 and 135mm 2.5)
The actor loved the shots btw.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Its a nervous bokeh which reminds me of the older Noctilux. Those type of trees don't help though.

Dan Berg

Sorry did not mean to start a bokeh war.
I guess I was just comparing it to my Nikon 200 f/2's smooth as crushed velvet look.

turtle

Personally, I prefer much less energised bokeh, but we are all different. I like the photos and think you did a great job, but find the backgrounds a bit 'wired'.

fotografz

Nicely done, love the post treatment. Good angles, but perhaps a wee bit too many shooting up on him?

If these are for a portfolio going to casting agents or agency Ads, perhaps a bit more variety would help?

Just curious, if you didn't do the posing, who did?

I too found the Bokeh to distracting given the purpose of such shots … the Contax N 50/1.4 could deliver that sort of frantic backgrounds at certain distances also … not my cup of tea.

But to each their own.

- Marc