The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7R + superwide for elevated/mastphotography

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I've looked mostly on the 18 since that is of more interest for me. Overall it looks good but what puzzles me a little is that it seemes that corner quality depends a lot on distance of focus.
Image 2075 has impressive sharpness top left and is focused (guessing) at 3-5 metres ?
While image 2483 is focused at infinity and centre infinity is good but far left at infinity is not. In my view big difference.
Good to see vignetting is well controlled and no funny magenta edges!
Looks like a solid choice to an A7R :D Thank you very much Guy for doing this - appreciated and means I can make an informed decision. (Granted results are the same between D800E and A7r)
2075 focused about 10 ft
2483 focused before infinity . Limbs are only 4 feet in front of me. This maybe a bad frame

Let me see if I find a better one. I was testing against a IQ 180 and a Rodie 23 on a Arca.

danlindberg

I am so going back and forth in my mind of what to do!

I would prefer a slightly wider lens, but how about the Voigtlander 21/1.8 with the A7R ??

If you put the different focal length aside for a moment, which of Zeiss 18/3.5 and Voigtlander 21/1.8 would you say is the overall better match for the 36mp Sony - thinking optimal f-stop for both lenses?